[tahoe-dev] darcs patch: shorten ids

Arno Waschk hamamatsu at gmx.de
Tue Aug 14 15:06:02 UTC 2007

mnet had 4-character base64 ids, which came from mojonation, and slowly
changed to 5-character base32 ids, which were the only ones in 0.7 trees.
the 8-character thing was a quick agreemant betwenn zooko and me on IRC,
but i think the idea of having different lengths showing different types
of ids is very good.

arno

http://www.arnowaschk.de
http://arnowaschk.blogspot.com