[tahoe-dev] decentralized directory integration committed

Brian Warner warner at allmydata.com
Mon Dec 3 23:01:09 UTC 2007

> Okay, as you can see from the buildbot, decentralized directories are
> now integrated.

Awesome. Pulling and running tests locally now.

> 1.  check_memory fails with a 404 Not Found.  I guess this might be
> because is because it was using from the "/vdrive/public" location.
> I'll see if I can fix this.

Cool.

> 2.  The unit tests take a heck of a lot longer to run with
> decentralized, public-key-cryptography-secured directories than they
> did with the old centralized, symmetric-cryptography-secured
> directories.  E.g. on nooxie, it used to take 45 seconds and now it
> takes 200 seconds.  See also http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/
> 220 -- "performance tests for decentralized secure mutable directories".

Bummer. You're sure that defer.setDebugging() didn't get left on, right? I
saw the same sort of slowdown with those extra stack-logging debug calls in
place, but I'm quite willing to believe the key-generation time could cause a
bit performance hit like that. I'll look into it a bit.. maybe we could use
shorter keys for the unit tests.

thanks!