[tahoe-dev] about private directory management in tahoe v0.7.0

Brian Warner warner at allmydata.com
Thu Dec 20 23:50:35 UTC 2007

Oh, I had another thought, to help remind people that they need to
bookmark or otherwise save their initial directory. The welcome page
can reveal that you don't have a private.cap stored, and display a
button to help you create it; this button does a mkdir POST with two
extra arguments: one to redirect the browser to the new page, a second
to add an argument to that second url which makes the dir page include
a reminder to save the URL. So POST /uri?
t=mkdir&redirect_to_new_page=true&remind_to_save=true .

There's probably some way to generalize this, but I doubt it's worth
it right now.