[tahoe-dev] How large can a Small Distributed Mutable File be?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Nov 8 21:32:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 12:33 AM, Nathan wrote:

> The SDMF design works for large files in the period backup scenario
> (implementation details aside).

I guess by "implementation details" you mean the fact that Brian
mentioned that it is currenly done all in RAM.

We could, indeed do SDMF without loading it all into RAM, but I think
that (as Brian mentioned) we'll probably implement MDMF instead!

Thank you very much for the use case.  I know that you've worked on
such a backup system before.