[tahoe-dev] darcs conflicts FAQ

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Oct 31 19:10:02 UTC 2007

> Speaking of which, I noticed yesterday that the most recent version of
> Mercurial now supports darcs-style incremental/interactive patch
> recording.
> It's a bit clunky (you have to hit Return after each "Y"),

Hooray!

(With darcs-on-Windows you have to hit Return after each "Y", too, by
the way.)

> (not being able to easily cherry-pick changes to move into a new
> branch), but
> I'm not sure how important it really is to me.

I'll bet that our thorough unit tests solve the problem that we might
cherry-pick a patch and not notice a previous patch that it requires.

I mean -- I suspect that if we do that, the unit tests will often let
us know that we did.

Of course, there is always the possibility of a patch which cleanly
applies and which passes unit tests, but which actually required an
earlier patch in order to do the right thing, so we'll have to be
careful.