[tahoe-dev] testnet upgraded, non-public data flushed

Brian Warner warner at allmydata.com
Wed Sep 19 08:14:44 UTC 2007

In anticipation of the upcoming 0.6 release, I've upgraded our testnet
to the latest trunk. This caused a data flush (since the share formats
have changed), but I manually copied all the data that used to be in
the public vdrive into the new servers.

I also set up four storage servers, instead of just three. They're even on
two different spindles this time. Zandr says we'll have some new hardware
coming free in the next week or two, at which point we can set up a proper
testnet with a dozen nodes on a dozen spindles (on probably 5 or 6 actual
distinct servers).

Incidentally, I managed to fix #129 (high memory usage for stalled HTTP GETs)
a few minutes ago, so that improvement will be present in the new release.