[tahoe-dev] [cap-talk] Demonstrations and explanations (was: Re: Avoid overconfidence)

Jed Donnelley capability at webstart.com
Fri Apr 11 05:48:05 UTC 2008

At 07:23 PM 4/10/2008, Brian Warner wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:54:03 -0700
>zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
>
> > I cannot personally commit the time to contribute to a document on
> > the theoretical underpinings of Tahoe, but I do have an ongoing
> > obligation to make the "user docs" and "developer docs" for Tahoe be
> > correct, sufficient, and up-to-date.
>
>I'd be happy to spend a couple of lunches or dinners with anyone in the SF
>bay area and explain exactly what we're doing with capabilities in Tahoe, if
>the existing docs don't give you an adequate background:
>
>  http://allmydata.org/~warner/pycon-tahoe.html  - paper for PyCon2008
>  http://allmydata.org/~warner/pycon-tahoe-slides.zip - whimsical
> slides for same
>  http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/docs - design docs in source tree

Thanks Brian.  I've started testing with some capabilities
to share.  While at some point a face to face meeting might
be useful (and fun - I'm in Berkeley) for now I think if
I could get an email answered now and then (off the lists
I think?  Unless you'd like such communication to show
up on your tahoe-dev list?) that would be good.

I'll contact you under separate cover with my first question.

--Jed  http://www.webstart.com/jed-signature.html