[tahoe-dev] Sharing directories? Friendnet build/configuration?

Peter Secor secorp at allmydata.com
Sat Apr 12 22:55:49 UTC 2008

Hi Jed,

   There are a few different interfaces to the Tahoe grid. Allmydata.com
has written some (Windows, web, Mac) that are available from our
commercial website. These do not expose all of the underlying features
in Tahoe (yet).

   There is another development interface which exposes much more (but
not quite all) of the Tahoe functionality (directory sharing, etc). This
can be accessed via http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/ or if you have a
locally installed node via http://localhost:8123 . At the bottom of the
page you can either generate a directory cap or enter in an existing one.

   For example, the url below points to an example directory with a RW cap:

http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/uri/URI%3ADIR2%3Achvriqpd3rtzmtfofzhbpnk4xe%3Agcfo4fogrbbetq76rd7y2jpnhhfp2hffbkcifyluellm4p43eaua/

   The cap is:

URI:DIR2:chvriqpd3rtzmtfofzhbpnk4xe:gcfo4fogrbbetq76rd7y2jpnhhfp2hffbkcifyluellm4p43eaua

Hope this helps,
Peter