[tahoe-dev] [mm] Another FUSE interface

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Apr 29 22:27:27 UTC 2008

> More alarmed by total failure of the web interface on your wiki
> example
> (as already reported).

Ben, I'm sorry I didn't write back to you about this sooner.

So I looked at my status page after downloading the wiki example and
getting a blank page.  It said:

Started  	Type  	Storage Index  	Helper?  	Total Size  	Progress
Status
07:09:41 29-Apr-2008  	retrieve  	4pemzvf2u4li5ro4z3yykhwiti  	No
140  	100.0%  	Done
07:05:40 29-Apr-2008 	download 	(None) 	No 	0 	100.0% 	Done

The first is the directory, and the second is the immutable file
linked from that directory.  It says that the immutable file's size
is 0!

So I took the URL of my wiki:

http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/uri/URI%3ADIR2%
3A5pg4nmduniy2va6zgzz4wewvoi%
3Amsrwf7ty7aye4lcuheiu27b3fp6tjvvyvenz25cnficcjd7qudwq/wiki.html

and removed the "wiki.html" from the end, yielding:

http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/uri/URI%3ADIR2%
3A5pg4nmduniy2va6zgzz4wewvoi%
3Amsrwf7ty7aye4lcuheiu27b3fp6tjvvyvenz25cnficcjd7qudwq

which also agrees that "wiki.html" is a zero-length file.

Okay, so someone, possibly me, overwrote the wiki with a zero-length
file.

Here is a new one, and this time I'm publishing the read-only cap to
it and keeping the read-write cap to myself so that if anyone erases
it we'll know who to blame:

http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123/uri/URI%3ADIR2-RO%
3Apgj2oefhipe2uzulz7kyvyfcbe%
3A7xoalidet7oignxsnhra77ez7qxh6ro5humhumncabv4cghdkc2q/wiki.html

If you want your very own decentralized wiki, simply copy that file
and upload it to a Tahoe grid.