[tahoe-dev] CLI operations surprisingly synchronous

Jeremy Fitzhardinge jeremy at goop.org
Wed Aug 13 19:12:30 UTC 2008

I'm using the CLI to copy things into a vdrive.  It seems surprisingly
synchronous; the command seems to be blocked on the time it takes to
upload things to other nodes over a wan.  I was expecting it to copy
things into the local node, and then have the local node distribute the
shares asynchronously.

Is this deliberate, so that there's at least some redundancy in the file
before it returns a capability for a successful file creation?  Would I
get the behaviour I expect by running a local upload helper?

Thanks,