[tahoe-dev] tahoe_fuse: System test framework.

Nathan nejucomo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:02:29 UTC 2008

Announcing a tahoe_fuse.py system test.

tahoe_fuse behaves differently on different platforms and with
different versions of the python-fuse dependency.  The design of the
python-fuse api makes unit testing tricky.  The best alternative is a
system test, which will aide in determining how different platforms
and dependency configurations behave.

This patch (which may depend upon my last submission) introduces the
beginnings of such a test.

Currently it launches an introducer, and a client (after attempting to
configure them appropriately), then mounts the fuse interface.

The actual testing of the mountpoint is currently a stub.

Most of the setup code appears to work except for the creation of the
dirnode via webapi.  Upon inspection of the http response body, it
appears the network has too few peers for this operation.  I've
attempted to make this test robust against filesystem collisions and
race conditions (so it should be possible to run it while using other
nodes, or run multiple system test processes concurrently).

todo:

A. Fix the dirnode creation step (either by creating more peers or
adjusting the redundancy settings for the grid, or running a
single-client pseudo-grid).
B. Implement the actual file system tests.