[tahoe-dev] build failure on intel mac

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:52:55 UTC 2008

And now I'm replying to myself...

Terrell Russell wrote:
> cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for
> C/ObjC but not for C++
> pycryptopp/publickey/rsamodule.cpp: In function 'PyObject*
> VerifyingKey_verify(VerifyingKey*, PyObject*, PyObject*)':
> pycryptopp/publickey/rsamodule.cpp:70: warning: format '%d' expects type
> 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'
> pycryptopp/publickey/rsamodule.cpp:70: warning: format '%d' expects type
> 'int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'
> /usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a
> is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> error: Setup script exited with error: command '/usr/bin/g++-4.0' failed
> with exit status 1
> make[1]: *** [build] Error 1
> make: *** [.built] Error 2

so after using my reading skills - i learned a little about this ranlib...

trelpancake:~/Desktop/tahoestuff/tahoefromdarcs trel$ ranlib
/usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a
ranlib: can't create output file: /usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a
(Permission denied)
trelpancake:~/Desktop/tahoestuff/tahoefromdarcs trel$ sudo ranlib
/usr/local/lib/libcryptopp.a
Password:
trelpancake:~/Desktop/tahoestuff/tahoefromdarcs trel$ make

...snipped...

Ran 278 tests in 32.841s

FAILED (skips=1, expectedFailures=1, failures=1, errors=23, successes=252)
make: *** [test] Error 1

I'll send the entire make test output to zooko.

So, for now, at least I've made some progress.

Thanks,

Terrell