[tahoe-dev] getting PyFuse running on OS X 10.5

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Jul 26 21:53:47 UTC 2008

> I'm trying to get PyFuse (contrib/fuse/impl_b/) working with Tahoe
> 1.2.0 on OS X 10.5 and MacFuse 1.7.  Seem to be some glitches here...
>
> Anyone have a set of patches for this case?
>
> Bill

I've successfully gotten fuse-python to install on my Mac (after
patching the setup.py file), and am able to run tahoefuse.py.  I find
the comments on tahoefuse.py very puzzling:

> macfuse: rework fuse initialisation, integrate with 'tahoe'
>
> this provides a variety of changes to the macfuse 'tahoefuse' implementation.
> most notably it extends the 'tahoe' command available through the mac build
> to provide a 'fuse' subcommand, which invokes tahoefuse. this addresses
> various aspects of main(argv) handling, sys.argv manipulation to provide an
> appropriate command line syntax that meshes with the fuse library's built-
> in command line parsing.
>
> this provides a "tahoe fuse [dir_cap_name] [fuse_options] mountpoint"
> command, where dir_cap_name is an optional name of a .cap file to be found
> in ~/.tahoe/private defaulting to the standard root_dir.cap. fuse_options
> if given are passed into the fuse system as its normal command line options
> and the mountpoint is checked for existence before launching fuse.
>
> the tahoe 'fuse' command is provided as an additional_command to the tahoe
> runner in the case that it's launched from the mac .app binary.
>
> this also includes a tweak to the TFS class which incorporates the ctime
> and mtime of files into the tahoe fs model, if available.

So, what .app binary is it referring to?  Should this file be installed in the
system somewhere to provide the "tahoe fuse <mountpoint>" support?

Bill