[tahoe-dev] eating my own dog food -- Zooko's hlog

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:17:53 UTC 2008

zooko wrote:
 > Brian:
 >
 > Any objection to Tahoe stripping out linefeeds and whitespace, per
 > Drew's suggestion?

Seems like there's potential for an attack if Tahoe proper is to be
rewriting submitted caps (spaces are delimiters on the CLI, etc).  Is
there any cleaning that already happens?  Or is the submitted cap taken
as-is, in the current code?

Perhaps only the WUI should have this behavior?

I suggest only having the WUI try to intelligently redisplay a cap-page
if a '404' has been hit and the 'cleaned' version is different from the
original.

if 200
  display page
elseif 404
  clean the cap (remove whitespace and linefeeds)
  check cleaned cap against original
  if different
   attempt display of cleaned-cap page
  else