[tahoe-dev] Tahoed Tiddlywiki

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu May 22 20:46:53 UTC 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Ben Laurie wrote:

>> -- is definitely read-only (note the "RO" in the cap).
>
> Why didn't I get an error? And why did it seem to work?

Because the tiddly wiki code calls HTTP PUT on its URL and then
doesn't bother to inform the user if the PUT failed.

You were able to edit tiddlers and create new tiddlers even though it
was read-only because the tiddly wiki code doesn't check for read-
onliness before enabling the user to edit.

I think I'll set up a trac for the tiddly wiki code so that I can
point at it when saying things like this.