[tahoe-dev] Tahoed Tiddlywiki

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu May 22 21:55:25 UTC 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Ben Hyde wrote:

> So the confusion arises from a) what you pointed out earlier e.g
> the tiddlywiki code silently ignores the failure to store changes; and
> b) the public test grid entices visitors into thinking they are
> looking
> at an editable wiki.

How does the public test grid do that?

>>  Here is another one, by its read-write cap:
>
> Where did you find that?  I'm of the impression, likely mistaken, that
> entry points documented for the public test grid don't reveal a read-
> write cap.

The first one I had created myself, and I never revealed the read-
write cap to anyone, including never giving that read-write cap to
the public test grid.

I added the read-only cap to the public test grid for that one.

The second one I just now produced by doing File -> Save As to save a
copy of the wiki code, then going to the public test grid and
clicking "Create a Directory" to create a new directory, then
uploading my copy of the wiki code from my local filesystem.

Then I posted the read-write cap to that one (which read-write cap
you also could have found by examining the "the publically writeable
directory" of the test grid).

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/TestGrid