[tahoe-dev] what's coming in Tahoe-LAFS 1.3.0 release

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Nov 5 19:42:28 UTC 2008

Folks:

The main thing that we're waiting on to release Tahoe-LAFS v1.3.0 is
an immutable file verifier/repairer (ticket #483).  I'm finally
making progress on that and should have it done soon -- hopefully by
Monday the 10th of November.

The only other thing that I think we should hold 1.3.0 for is
versioning.  There is a conversation about versioning on this mailing
list that I would like to add my thoughts to.

There are lots of exciting things that will be part of the 1.3.0
release.  Not only all the core functionality improvements that have
been documented by Brian in NEWS:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/NEWS

but also the existence of the tahoe-w32-client (thanks to Mike Booker
and Greg Hazel) and the Tahoe iPhone client (thanks to Peter's friend
Alan).  Those two new projects will not be bundled in the Tahoe
source tree itself, but will be open sourced (of course), and hosted
on http://allmydata.org .

Another exciting thing is that Tahoe-LAFS will hopefully be included
in Fedora and Debian in the not-too-distant future.  There is a
problem with C++ linking issues at the moment that is blocking that
process.  (Any C++ experts, please help!)

tickets mentioned in this e-mail:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/483 # repairer service