[tahoe-dev] Fwd: Disabling clipboard access in Internet Explorer

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sun Nov 9 03:43:23 UTC 2008

Folks:

Collin Jackson is an expert on browser security.  He looked into the
question of whether malicious JavaScript running on a web page that
you are viewing could read the contents of your Windows clipboard.
If so, then such malicious JavaScript would be able to steal any
capabilities that you were cutting and pasting.  (Or, if you were
using passwords instead of capabilities, such JavaScript would be
able to steal any passwords that you cut and paste.)

However, it turns out that this has been fixed in IE7.

Begin forwarded message: