[tahoe-dev] unicode, cmdline, call for buildbots

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Nov 15 03:08:22 UTC 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 18:22 PM, Benjamin Jansen wrote:

> What are the requirements/responsibilities for volunteering a
> buildbot?

You have to be willing to let your computer run the Tahoe build and
unit tests every so often (builds are triggered by commits to the
Tahoe repository).  Your computer has to be able to open TCP
connections to allmydata.org.

You have to install buildbot [1] on your computer.  We may ask for
your help trying out patches to port Tahoe to your system if it
doesn't Just Work already.

That's about it.  You're allowed to try it out and then say
"nevermind" if it causes a problem.  Tell us what platform you have
so we can describe it on the waterfall, and tell me that you are
setting up a buildbot and I'll privately send you a password to put
into it to authorize it to connect to the buildmaster.

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/waterfall

Thanks!

[1] http://buildbot.net