[tahoe-dev] Getting Tahoe into Debian (was: Re: linking pycryptopp against system provided cryptopp)

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Tue Nov 18 00:27:03 UTC 2008

Hi all,

* Brian Warner <warner-tahoe at allmydata.com> [2008-10-29 17:53-0400]:

> > The first thing to do here would be to send a message to
> > 499699 at bugs.debian.org, CC: 499699-submitter at bugs.debian.org (just in
> > case), and ask Stephan what the status of this effort is, if its still
> > happening, and if you can help in that process.
>
> Ok, I'll ping Stephan about that.

I haven't seen an update on this bug report yet, was there discussion
that happened "off-line"? If so, could the bug report be updated with
the current status?

> > >  python-zfec (zooko's)
> > >  python-pycryptopp (zooko's)
> >
> > For these I think that an ITP[0] should be filed (I'm not sure if Zooko
> > wants to handle those Debian packages, or if you would be doing them as
> > well? Whichever it would be, one of you should file the ITP :)
>
> Zooko, could you do this?

Zooko said that he did this, but I'm only finding bug number #503976,
but this appears to be for 'zfec'. Is this a different package than
python-zfec?

I'm not findng an ITP for python-pycryptopp, was that filed?

Micah