[tahoe-dev] Compilation and using problems with tahoe 1.2.0 on many platforms ?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 25 21:39:40 UTC 2008

Welcome, Denis.

Thanks for the bug reports.  I'm going to open tickets for the ones
I'm not sure how to solve right away, and ask you a few questions:

On Nov 25, 2008, at 2:13 AM, denis bonnenfant wrote:

> - on debien etch, packages are broken, as many of the binary
> packages supplied as dependancies depends on a libc version from
> sid or ubuntu.

Could you tell me more about which ones are linked against an
incompatble?  I haven't seen this problem on our etch buildbot:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/etch

Here is a ticket to build deb's specifically on etch in the future:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/498

> - on WinXP, I first try to use the tahoe.exe found in the official
> allmydata windows package.

Okay, the first thing I want to know is: why did you not follow the
link named '"Install Tahoe"' on the front page of http://
allmydata.org .  Did you not see it?  Did you think that it would be
inapplicable or sub-optimal for your deployment?

> Did i missed something ? I read all the docs, but i found nothing
> related with these issues.

I don't understand why you didn't read the doc that I wrote -- the
one named '"Install Tahoe"'.  That doc isn't perfect -- if you had
followed it you may well have had the same or similar problems.  But
I am confused about why several people, including you, have for some
reason skipped that document when trying to install.

In any case, please write back and I will be happy to help you more
with installing Tahoe, and also with improving the documentation for
the next user to come after you.  :-)