[tahoe-dev] File size problem

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Thu Nov 27 18:07:01 UTC 2008

Hi!

I wanted to test Tahoe a bit and installed one introducer and 10
storage nodes, all on one machine with different ports, this seemed to
work well.

As the next step, I tried to upload a file (32472771 bytes) through the
web frontend, which resulted in two issues:

  * Uploading the file didn't work. I got the message "SDMF is limited
    to one segment, and 32472771 > 3500000" displayed in the browser,
    checking the directory URI afterwards only resulted in an empty
    directory.

    Since I saw messages flying around discussing gigabyte sized
    files, I guess this is only a stupidity on my side. Any hints how
    to tackle this?

  * When is `ps axflwww'ed the process' memory usage, I saw that the
    python instance that ran the connection where I uploaded the 31MB
    file grew beyond 300MB of VSZ. I better keep my brain away from
    thinking about uploading a gigabyte sized file on a 32bit
    system...

And during create-client and create-introducer, an empty directory is
required. It would be nice to ignore "lost+found" while looking up
directory contents...

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                   ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,