[tahoe-dev] version advertisement and negotiation

Drew Perttula drewp at bigasterisk.com
Tue Oct 28 06:10:30 UTC 2008

. . wrote:
>>> suggest making the server versions always be URLs. Then I would go
>>> further and say that each negotiated feature should also be a URL.
>>>

> http://www.w3.org/blog/systeam/2008/02/08/w3c_s_excessive_dtd_traffic

I mean URI, actually: a universally unique identifier for each tahoe
feature. The common operation will be to compare them with each other.
It will be rare that anyone would need to resolve one.

In particular, I recommend against putting tahoe feature URIs in the
namespace section of your html files and then opening those files
repeatedly in a braindead program that thinks it should download
everything that looks retrievable.