[tahoe-dev] Getting Tahoe into Debian (was: Re: linking pycryptopp against system provided cryptopp)

Aleksandr Milewski zandr at allmydata.com
Wed Oct 29 22:00:54 UTC 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Brian Warner wrote:

>> How about just 'tahoe'? Thats the name I was looking for when I first
>> looked to see if it was in Debian.

I'm going to chime in here to express a general desire that Tahoe, as
packaged for general distribution, not deploy a node that connects to
the production grid and advertises storage.

I'd further prefer that the node not advertise storage by default even
if you do give it the production introducer furl. (the tahoe-server
branch is obviously a special case here)

A package called 'allmydata-client' or similar that depends on the
general tahoe package and sets up a tahoe client directory for use
with allmydata.com would be cool, but in the absence of the blessed-
introducer stuff, I'd like to avoid lots of machines connecting to
the .com grid and showing up in the list of storage servers.

-Zandr