[tahoe-dev] plans for tahoe-1.3.0

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 3 19:22:50 UTC 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 19:38 PM, Brian Warner wrote:

> Done. I moved the old items out to 1.3.1 (and renamed the old 1.3.0 to
> 1.4.0), and put the repair-specific tickets into the new 1.3.0 .

What about #506 (don't attempt to find trial until twisted is
installed)?  It seems to be a regression: following the instructions
in http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk/docs/install.html fails on
trunk, although it worked (modulo the foolscap.crypto issue) in v1.2.0.

Chris Galvan has been working hard on a really nice fix for this
under ticket #505 (wanted: a setuptools plugin to make unit tests be
executed with trial instead of with pyunit).  Perhaps we should
commit a simple patch to revert trunk behavior to the way it was in
v1.2.0, and then his contribution will be acceptable but not
necessary for v1.3.0.

There, done in patch [2901].

Next, what about #239 (document new logging system)?  I feel vaguely
uncomfortable with the notion that the current logging system is
"underdocumented".  Since you traditionally do a super excellent job
of documentation I continue to suspect that the documents exist but I
am unaware of them, or else that something about the new logging
system just hasn't fit into my brain yet.

tickets mentioned in this e-mail:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/506 # don't attempt to find
trial until twisted is installed
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/239 # document new logging system