[tahoe-dev] change install.html to use setup.py instead of Make?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Sep 15 16:30:06 UTC 2008

Brian, Chris Galvan, anyone else:

http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk/docs/install.html

Currently says that you should install g++, Python, and GNU Make, run
"make", run "make test", and then run "bin/tahoe".

I'm not sure, but I think that some of the recent improvements
contributed by Brian and Chris have made it so that we are close to
removing GNU Make from the list of dependencies, so that the
instructions will say that you should install g++ and Python, run
"python setup.py build", and "python setup.py test", and then run
"bin/tahoe".

Is that true?

Either way, would you either remove my optimistic note in
install.html saying that we can stop requiring GNU Make, or else make
it true?  :-)

Thanks,

Zooko
---