[tahoe-dev] let's release what we've got (was: plans for tahoe-1.4.0)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sun Apr 12 02:14:11 UTC 2009

Hooray!  All tickets in the Roadmap that were marked for the next
release -- Tahoe v1.4.0 -- have been closed or moved to a future
Milestone.

Unless any important new issues are raised, we'll release Tahoe
v1.4.0 Monday, the 13th.  So please test out trunk and let us know
how it goes.

Brian might apply the patch for #680.

One of our Supported Buildbots has gone red -- Ruben's Fedora box.
It was working up until build #49, and then starting in #50 it
incurred this error when importing pycryptopp:

   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycryptopp/cipher/
__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
     import aes
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycryptopp/cipher/
aes.so: undefined symbol:
_ZNK8CryptoPP25SimpleKeyedTransformationINS_20StreamTransformationEE12Ge
tAlgorithmEv

It has continued to have that error ever since.  Since the patch
applied between build #49 and build #50 doesn't change related code I
guess this means Ruben changed the configuration of the buildslave,
such as perhaps by installing a new version of pycryptopp into /usr/
lib64/python2.6/site-packages . Ruben: know anything about this?

By the way, I intend to configure the Supported Buildbot to send e-
mail to their owners and to me if their build fails.

builds mentioned in this email:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Ruben%20Fedora/builds/49
http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Ruben%20Fedora/builds/50

tickets mentioned in this email: