[tahoe-dev] What does the repairer do and how does it work ?

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:11:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for tahoe, so far I am finding it really promising.

I'm having trouble figuring out what the repairer is for and how it works.
Could someone explain to me in a few words what it does please ?

It is probably related to what I'm trying to do with tahoe, I'm not sure
it's cut out to do this : have intermittent nodes that pop up from time to
time and "download" bits of the stored data to increase redundancy. This is
probably in a friendnet scenario. Tell me if you think it's worth detailling
this idea (in a ticket maybe?)

Arthur