[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #734: Tahoe CLI with unicode patches applied fails when stdout is redirected

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Wed Aug 5 08:05:27 UTC 2009

Thanks for your reply, Zooko;

> > What is the status of Unicode patch in 1.5? Is it applied? If not,
> > was it updated at all?
> This is #534 and #734.

OK, so patch was not applied, and not fixed for stdout redirection

> The status is that François did a lot of work on the unicode patches,
> I did one round of very basic reviews which turned up a few issues,
> then I stopped spending time on that in order to focus on the v1.5
> release and nobody else volunteered to do reviews.
> I would like to prioritize this issue now that v1.5 is out

Well I'd be happy with just a stdout fix - is it really that complex?

I cant finish the Obackup script without this.

My vote goes to any work that will bring more users to Tahoe. It has been
proven on many projects that more users lead to more participation that
leads to more developers.

Tahoe is allready in the state where can be useful to many users, but it is
small details that are making it hard for them. And me.

Andrej Falout

> tickets mentioned in this mail:
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/217 # DSA-based mutable files
> -- small URLs, fast file creation
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/534 # "tahoe cp" command
> encoding issue
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/731 # what to do with
> filenames that are illegal on some systems
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/734 # Tahoe CLI with unicode
> patches applied fails when stdout is redirected
> _______________________________________________
> tahoe-dev mailing list
> tahoe-dev at allmydata.org
> http://allmydata.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tahoe-dev
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/attachments/20090805/371f44d4/attachment.html>

More information about the tahoe-dev mailing list