[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS v1.5 reviewed on arstechnica.com

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Aug 5 18:39:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 09:18:09AM -0600, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/08/p2p-like-tahoe-
> filesystem-offers-secure-storage-in-the-cloud.ars
>
> Cool!
>
> Be sure and read the comments, too.
>
> This sort of high-level introduction is an opportunity to notice some
> important issues which are important partly because newcomers might
> misunderstand them or might think that they are more important than
> we old hands do.

I agree that comments to articles like this are useful for better
directing where efforts (in either code or documentation) can be
improved, but as someone who is only involved in Tahoe in the sense of
it's interesting/seems useful/I'll probably start using it someday,
reading those comments only served to waste 5 minutes of my day, and
quite possibly actually made me dumber. If that was possible. :)

-Jack