[tahoe-dev] No module named python....

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Fri Aug 7 00:44:57 UTC 2009

I think Shawn Willden was reporting something similar on the IRC
channel. We were speculating a bug in Hardy's python-support that causes
the python-nevow package to put an __init__.py file in the wrong place,
causing the import of anything below "twisted" to fail. Removing the
python-nevow package fixed the issue, but of course then Tahoe needs to
build Nevow from source (as an automatically-handled dependency) rather
than using the one provided by the system.

I'll try to find a local hardy box to see if it's behaving in the same
way. They might have fixed the problem in an update.