[tahoe-dev] planning for v1.5.1: fully pre-packaged! (apt-get, Windows installer, Mac package)

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Fri Aug 7 01:04:49 UTC 2009

[Cc: Ruben Kerkhof and Sean Reifschneider]

I would love to get better support for RedHat-flavored Linux
distributions.  The first step is to get a stable buildbot running a
RedHat variant (probably Fedora).  Ruben Kerkhof has kindly
volunteered a Fedora buildbot, but Tahoe-LAFS crashes when we run the
unit tests on that machine:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Ruben%20Fedora/builds/219/
steps/test/logs/stdio

Maybe Ruben could investigate -- do any other programs get signal 11
on that machine?  (E.g. gcc on the Linux kernel).  In any case, I
think it is always wise to have more than one buildbot for a given
platform.  If you have two, then if one breaks and the other doesn't
then you know it was probably a change to the buildbot rather than a
change to the Tahoe-LAFS source code.  :-)

After we get a Supported-class RedHat buildbot, the next step is to
try these cool tools that Sean Reifschneider has been working on to
automatically produce RPMs from Python packages.  Sean: I added
<jafo at tummy.com> to the whitelist so that if you reply to this letter
and Cc: tahoe-dev your reply will go through even if you aren't
subscribed to tahoe-dev.