[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS hacking weekend!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 03:04:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx<zookog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks:
>
> It's a weekend!  I'm not expected to show up at the office until Monday morning!
>
> Let's work on the open tickets for Tahoe-LAFS v1.5.1 this weekend:
>
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/milestone/1.5.1
>
> I'll work on the Macintosh packaging tickets.  (I've already started,
> by making unit tests which get run by the buildbot and test the
> Macintosh packaging.  The tests currently report that the Macintosh
> packaging is broken.)
>
> Shawn Willden put his name on (at least some of)

okay I don't know what key combination sends mail in gmail, but I just hit it.

anyway, Shawn Willden put his name on (at least some of) the Windows
tickets, and he's off-net this weekend, but I'm sure he would be
grateful if someone would try out his install instructions:
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/773 .  Once you've proof-read
his instructions and tried them out on your own Windows machine, you
can close that ticket as "fixed".

I think that the "make sudo apt-get install work" tickets are in
Brian's court, but I'm not sure that I understand the issues.  We're
currently blocked on some combination of soliciting buildslaves on
more Debian platforms and/or deciding to give up on supporting some
Debian platforms?

Now, if you are working on patches which are not bugfixes and which
are not in the RoadMap for v1.5.1, then by all means continue to work
on them if you are motivated to do so, but let's plan to leave them
out of trunk until v1.5.1 is released.

Let's chat on IRC this weekend!  I like the fact that this mailing
list is the canonical, publicly visible, archived, social forum for
discussion, and that we haven't suffered, like some open source
projects have, from conversations starting on the mailing list and
ending on IRC so that mailing list readers don't know what happened.
But, for the details of synchronizing work on these tickets this
weekend, let's use IRC and someone can summarize for the list on
Monday.

:-)