[tahoe-dev] So how do *you* manage your keys, then?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Aug 19 14:54:56 UTC 2009

On Tuesday,2009-08-18, at 19:45 , David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

> For off-line backup, the security property I want is that I can
> perform backups, which do not overwrite any information, using a
> key that is stored on-line, but need a separate key (that cannot be
> derived from the first) to retrieve the data as it existed on a
> given date.

That is a very interesting desideratum.  It requires an "append-only"
property that we've talked about but haven't implemented, and I think
it requires public key encryption.  Would you please open a ticket
saying you want this?  (The contents of your message to the list
would be fine as the initial comment in the ticket.)