[tahoe-dev] Install Trouble, gcc errors

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Aug 19 19:26:19 UTC 2009

Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:

> Another approach that could help is if we built binary eggs of
> pycryptopp for Linux.  Then it would not attempt to build it from
> source, and then it would not need a C++ Compiler.

.. and the eggs would be dependent upon CPU archtecture (SSE2 or not,
can the asm speedups be used or not, and maybe on the C++ ABI?), which I
don't think is captured in the setuptools version string. Providing eggs
like this needs to come with instructions on how to avoid using them if
they don't work, and preferably some tests somewhere to find out.