[tahoe-dev] IPv6 support

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Fri Aug 21 16:51:41 UTC 2009

It seems that I remember already asking about this, but I can't find it in the
mailing list archives, so maybe I just thought about asking, but didn't
actually do it :-)

What is the status of Tahoe on an IPv6 network?  Is it known not to work?  Is
there some reason it shouldn't work?  Has it been tested?  How do I get an
IPv6 introducer FURL?

I'm seriously considering using IPv6 tunneling as a solution to the NAT
problem.  I have some family members who'd like to join my friendnet, but
whose machines currently sit behind multiple NATing routers (the worst is a
sister whose computer is behind *three* of them).  Assuming Tahoe can do it,
it occurs to me that it might be simpler to set up IPv6 tunnels and run the
whole grid on IPv6 (it'd be cool, too).

Even better would be if I could make a mixed IPv4/IPv6 grid.

Anyone looked at this?

Thanks,

	Shawn.