[tahoe-dev] what does the "reliability" keyword mean?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Dec 1 05:00:44 UTC 2009

On Monday, 2009-11-30, at 19:35 , Brian Warner wrote:

> I think "durability" is a pretty good term. Does the way it's used
> in database/ACID circles conflict at all with the way we might like
> to use it?

Hrm.  In ACID it mainly means "no rollbacks".  And rollbacks (of
mutable files) are one of the parts of the Tahoe-LAFS consistency
model that is *weaker* than other models such as ACID.

So, I don't know.  Excluding the potential conflict with the ACID
terminology, I would say that "durability" is a better term than
"survivability" for this property.