[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-lafs and nodes behind NAT (behind another NAT)

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Fri Dec 18 03:37:32 UTC 2009

Another option is to use IPv6.  That may seem like crazy talk, but it's not.
It's pretty trivial to set up an account with a v6 tunnel broker and to set
up a tunnel on WinXP (and, I assume, Vista and 7).  Sixxs.net has a graphical
utility that supposedly makes it automagic (I haven't tried it).

Essentially, this lets you use the tunnel broker as the relay, at least until
your own ISP gets on the v6 band wagon (and you get a home router that has a
correctly-configured v6 stack).

Unfortunately, there are issues with Twisted and IPv6, so Tahoe won't yet run
on v6 connections.

	Shawn.