[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-lafs and nodes behind NAT (behind another NAT)

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:00:24 UTC 2009

Like Skype's proprietary VOIP protocols, SIP is another protocol that
directly connects machines, and it's not proprietary. I don't know anything
about how it works or what the overhead is, and I realize that a layer like
this may be well outside of the scope of tahoe-lafs, but:

Would it be possible to run the introducer(s) as a "PBX" to connect "phone
calls" between nodes using parts from SIP?

I'm just desperately brainstorming here. My dreams of my tahoe-lafs grid are
still smoldering in the heap that is left after the realization of the
problems introduced by non-publics IPs.
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)