[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-lafs and nodes behind NAT (behind another NAT)

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 05:37:54 UTC 2009

I realize that it's a really, really hard problem to solve.

What I asked with this last message is, "Has anyone considered SIP as a
possible solution to this problem?"
RFC 3261: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt?number=3261

Another possible solution might be the protocol that Jabber uses to
establish peer-to-peer file transfers. "Has anyone considered the
possibility of using this as a solution?"
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0096.html

I'm not a programmer (per se). I'm not going to learn how to program in
Python. I am, however, a problem solver. I'm really, really interested in
finding interesting solutions to interesting problems. THIS clearly is an
"interesting problem."

I know it's a really really hard problem to solve. I've pointed to two
opensource projects that have solved similar problems.

If this level of usage is outside the parameters of what tahoe-lafs is
trying to address, that's fine. I'm just asking.

Thanks,
Jody
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelliga - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)