[tahoe-dev] Keeping local file system and Tahoe store in sync

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Sat Feb 7 02:51:42 UTC 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009 04:57:33 pm Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> BTW, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote a reasonably sensible python binding for
> inotify as part of Mercurial; not sure if it has an independent
> existence.  There's at least one other inotify binding, but its barking
> mad.

I'm mostly hoping that someone will implement an fsevents workalike for Linux.

I think Apple's solution is a really nice compromise.  By notifying only at
the directory level and delaying notification a little to allow events to be
coalesced, they keep the event log low-volume, which makes it practical to
make it persistent so that even applications which don't run all the time can
be sure they're aware of all relevant changes.

Need to hit LKML and see if anyone is discussing it, I guess.

	Shawn.