[tahoe-dev] RelatedProjects

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Feb 12 03:48:11 UTC 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 14:36 PM, Terrell Russell wrote:

> On 2/11/09 12:20 PM, Nathan wrote:
>> I would like to see a single fuse implementation become "blessed"
>> as official.  Why?  So that most users test the same one, and so
>> that it receives automated test scrutiny.
> Hear, Hear.  One blessed implementation, at least.  We can add
> others later with more/different properties, but I'd like one to
> become tested and pulled into the main release as 'supported' -
> perhaps the simplest, dumbest, first?

This sounds good, but who is going to do the work?  The work should
probably start with:

1.  Set up buildbots to run the tests on all supported platforms
(I'll help with this).

2.  Spend some time trying to get some of the fuse implementations
passing some of the tests.  The tests were contributed by Nathan
Wilcox and they look good but I would assume that they still need
some work.

3.  Sit back and evaluate the design, code, and test-results of the
three implementations and decide which one is the simplest, dumbest,
first one.