[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #534: "tahoe cp" command encoding issue

Francois Deppierraz francois at ctrlaltdel.ch
Wed Feb 25 09:49:20 UTC 2009

Hi Andrej,

Andrej Falout wrote:

> can you please explain "repository" to an non-Python person?

Oops, sorry for not being clear enough. It's a darcs repository actually.

Here is the complete procedure:

darcs get http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk-darcs1format tahoe
cd tahoe
wget
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/raw-attachment/ticket/534/unicode-v2.dpatch
darcs apply unicode-v2.dpatch

> I tried applying patch in the root of the source code, but this failed with:
>
>         darcs failed:  Unable to "darcs apply" here.
>         You need to be in a repository directory to run this command.

Yes, unfortunately, it not a standard patch but a darcs dpatch generated
by darcs send.

François