[tahoe-dev] Centralized Introducer

Brian Warner warner-tahoe at allmydata.com
Thu Feb 26 18:32:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:53:08 +0200
"Mahmoud Morshedy" <mahmoud.morshedy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When introducer is down , the servers still see each other , but I cannot
> either download or upload file .
>
> Is it known problem ?
> If yes, how to overcome this to get the files back ?

Hm, losing the introducer shouldn't affect your ability to upload/download
files using servers that you were already aware of before the introducer went
down. In fact, your client node's abilities to upload/download files should
be precisely the same between the moment before the introducer connection was
lost and the moment after the introducer connection was lost.

However, this information is not currently persisted in the client, so if the
client starts (or is restarted) while the introducer is unavailable, that
client will *not* be able to upload/download anything until it hears from the
introducer (and gets the list of servers, and connects to those servers).

hope that helps,