[tahoe-dev] Tahoe Repair process

Nathan nejucomo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 01:36:57 UTC 2009

Hello Mahmoud,

My answers are inline to your message below:

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Mahmoud Morshedy
<mahmoud.morshedy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears,
>

>             1.is Tahoe do an automatic repair, i.e. , the introducer monitor
> the replicas numbers for example if we have configuration of 10 /3 , so
> introducer trigger repair process when the replicas became only 4 to keep
> the file available?

The introducer does not perform any repair-related actions.

Each client can perform a repair process on their own private data.

The design of repair is flexible so that you can create an external
repair service if you need one.  The repair service can repair your
data without the capability to read the data.

As far as I know, the only offer of this service is the AllMyData.com
commercial product.

> 2. what are the threshold that triggers the repair process?

The user must request a repair for a particular file, or a directory
and everything within it.  The web user interface can do this, or you
can read about the specific HTTP requests here:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/docs/frontends/webapi.txt

Starting on line 946 the repair operations are described.

Thanks for your interest.  Please feel free to ask for more help or
send error reports.

Nathan Wilcox