[tahoe-dev] Authority to DoS via WAPI

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jan 20 04:29:52 UTC 2009

Oh, now I'm not sure if I think that this is a good idea.

Hm.  So with this patch, people can use up your disk space if and
only if they've been given a write-cap.  If they have a write-cap
only to an SSK file, then all they can do is write a bigger file in
that SSK slot.  If they have a write-cap to a directory, then they
can mkdir a new directory, unlink it from its parent, and thereafter
have unlimited ability to write files or dirs.

Well, I guess it's a start.  Please consider Brian's suggestion to
make the configuration name even more specific.  :-)

I'll commit your documentation patch.

Thanks!