[tahoe-dev] Authority to DoS via WAPI

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jan 20 13:02:25 UTC 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 2:37 AM, Toby Murray wrote:

> I'm beginning to see that my proposal here is at odds with the
> overall design philosophy of unlinked slots.
> In the meantime, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on the
> implications of the refcounting idea above and any pointers on how
> such a thing could be implemented in the current codebase.

Well, I'm glad you're thinking about these issues, because it is
going to be the major topic of the next release after 1.3, and I'm
not entirely sure how I want to do it.  Brian and I have explored
many alternative approaches in great detail, and he has mentioned
that he has worked out an idea in some detail, but I haven't heard it
yet.  (Brian: maybe that's your cue!)