[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #749: Tahoe-LAFS fails unit tests when the "-OO" flag is passed to Python to optimize and strip docstrings

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Wed Jul 15 04:09:26 UTC 2009

#749: Tahoe-LAFS fails unit tests when the "-OO" flag is passed to Python to
optimize and strip docstrings
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko   |           Owner:  somebody
     Type:  defect  |          Status:  new
Changes (by zooko):

  * milestone:  1.5.0 => eventually

Comment:

 Not urgent for TahoeLAFS v1.5, so I'm bumping it.  Note that aside from
 the general "curiousness" that our code (or more likely our unit tests)
 rely on assertion-checking to be correct, turning on Python's {{{-OO}}}
 optimization mode might reduce CPU load a bit.  I thought I observed that
 when benchmarking for #329/#752, but I'm not sure if it was real or an
 artifact of noisy benchmarking.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/749#comment:1>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>