[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in debian form

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Jul 21 03:44:53 UTC 2009

#769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in
debian form
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warner     |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect     |          Status:  new
 I just tried to run {{{tahoe --version}}} from a .deb I built from trunk
 (on my sid system), and it fails with the following error:

 {{{
 pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pycryptopp 0.5.2-1 (/usr/lib/python2.5
 /site-packages), Requirement.parse('pycryptopp>=0.5.15'))
 }}}

 I should update the debian/control files to make this requirement visible
 to the debian package manager (i.e. it should not have let me install this
 tahoe), but apart from that, we need updated pycryptopp debs before we can
 release 1.5.0 .

 I think we're ok with zfec and foolscap packages.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/769>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>