[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in debian form

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Wed Jul 22 12:59:15 UTC 2009

#769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in
debian form
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warner     |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect     |          Status:  new

Comment(by zooko):

 Hm, I don't personally own or operate any of the Debian buildslaves
 currently connected to the pycryptopp buildbot -- http://allmydata.org
 /buildbot-pycryptopp/waterfall -- just the jaunty/amd64 one (yukyuk).

 I guess in order to automatically produce .deb's for these various flavors
 of Debian, we need to add buildslaves for pycryptopp running each flavor?
 I'm not going to make time in the forseeable future to set up lots of
 buildslaves for various flavors of Debian, although I can definitely do
 Jaunty/amd64 right now...

 Hm, the first step in your recipe doesn't work:

 {{{
 buildslave at hanford:~$ flappserver add ~/.flappserver -C jaunty/main
 /binary-amd64 upload-file ~/tahoe-debs/dists/jaunty/main/binary-amd64
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/flappserver", line 18, in <module>
     run_flappserver()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/foolscap/appserver/cli.py", line
 471, in run_flappserver
     r = dispatch(command, so)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/foolscap/appserver/cli.py", line
 440, in dispatch
     return c.run(options)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/foolscap/appserver/cli.py", line
 191, in run
     s = build_service(service_basedir, None, service_type, service_args)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/foolscap/appserver/services.py",
 line 279, in build_service
     raise UnknownServiceType(service_type)
 foolscap.appserver.services.UnknownServiceType: -C
 }}}

 Anyway, as I was saying, I'll spend some time setting up automation to
 produce .deb's for jaunty/amd64, and I'll also set up a server owned by
 allmydata.com for lenny/i386, but I don't care about the various other
 flavors of Debian enough to set up .deb-producing automation for them.  If
 someone else wants to volunteer to do the buildslave side of this recipe
 for a Debian flavor that they care about then I'll do the buildmaster side
 of the recipe.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/769#comment:5>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>